Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The 2008 Genea-Blogger Games!

I want to let you all know that I will be competing in the Genea-Blogger's Facebook Group's 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games!!

Yay! the areas I wish to compete in are the Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness, Organize Your Research, Back Up Your Data, and possibly Cite Your Sources (We'll see how much time I have...)

I really believe in helping other genealogists in need so I will definitely do that. I will probably be commenting on a few blogs so...all of Genea-Bloggers look out - some comments are coming your way.

I really want to do Organize Your Research because ever since I started re-doing my research and making sure everything is accurately sourced, I've noticed that I've gotten behind on my filing. So that will definitely be taking place.

I want to do Cite Your Sources because we all could use a little practice on that. Practice makes perfect!!

[EDIT: I just realized that I cannot start participating until Friday, Aug 8 - the day the Olympics start - it makes sense!] my tally for today is:
Category: Back Up Your Data!
Task: C - Back up your data using a flashdrive.
Comments: I was a good girl!! I backed up my pictures onto my flashdrive along with my Gedcom.

Alrighty so if you are curious about what in the world I am talking about you can go and visit and it will give you all the details!


Ruth said...

Hi Elyse!
Great to have you onboard and...Let the Games begin!

P. S. You can't actually start on your events until Friday :)